This week has been tinged with a great sadness – I lost a dear family friend who was like a second dad to me in the early hours of Tuesday morning. However, although I am desperately sad, there have still been things that have made me smile this week. It is, however, a very wordy Thursday because the internet here won’t let me upload pictures :(
- Heather and Steve’s seaside wedding last Saturday. Honestly one of the most wonderful weddings I’ve ever been to – and I must have good taste in friends because my close friends always make the most superlatively radiant brides! Post to come.
- Brunch after the wedding with Janine and Sean. Although they live the closest of all my friends, I don’t see them nearly enough and it was lovely to have a lazy brunch-lunch the morning after the wedding.
- Brighton and Lou. Spending time with Lou is always inspiring in all sorts of ways, and I always come away fired up with plans and schemes and ideas. We spent a day ambling around Brighton looking at vintagey things and came away with some fabulous treasures and inspiration as always. Post to come.
- The seaside. The golf course we’re staying at backs onto the sea, which was lovely anyway, but when I got the call from Dad on Tuesday morning, I needed to be by the sea. Being here, rather than stuck in London, meant I could escape for a long, long walk along the seafront to get my head together. I also snuck in a long skate along the seafront earlier in the week, when it was still sunny, which was fab but resulted in sunburn. Oops.
- Finally reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society which I have been meaning to read for ever. It’s utterly gorgeous, along a similar premise to 84 Charing Cross Road which is one of my favourite books, and I adore it.
I’m sure there have been other things, but as it’s also been a sad week, I’ll leave it there for now. Hope your weeks have been full of wonderful things!