Stupidly late this week, and in two parts – here are some of the things that made me smile this week :)
- making a lady’s day by telling her (truthfully) her dress looked fab on her
- crocheting in a golf club!
- the entirely unexpected beauty of the Pitt-Rivers & Natural History museum in Oxford
Just look at that ceiling.
“I’m late! I’m late!”
- Mollie Makes magazine – I treated myself to the first issue after a particularly tough day at work and it transformed my journey home into an hour of pure happiness!
- Visiting my old school briefly, and realising just how far I’ve come since those days
- Strawberries and Cornish clotted cream. In individual portions. In the Tesco next door to my day job. Win.
Lunchtimes don’t get any better than this.
Part two on Tuesday (yes, I know, that’s more than halfway to NEXT Thursday) when I’ve had a chance to get the pics off my phone – I’m using it as a photographic notebook more and more these days!
I’m sure life has got more mad since I started blogging about it! I’m very aware I still need to sort out the header for this blog and switch my links and thinks across from the Blogger account they’re currently pointing to. I hear Blogger’s had some problems – I haven’t actually posted there in well over a month so am hoping I won’t have lost anything; massively sympathise with those who blog regularly and may have lost stuff though, it’s not good.
I spent a lot of time with other cars like this last weekend… (that’s me with Poppy, my car) drove (roof down in the dark, it was faaaaaabulous) up to Nottingham after work on Friday (my London colleagues definitely think I’m mental now if they didn’t before; the majority of them don’t have cars and they cannot understand why I’d do that!), and drove across to Wrexham for my car club’s Spring Ding Day on Saturday. Went in his car not mine, which was absolutely fine until we started lining up cars for photos, then I wished I’d brought Poppy with me (not least because for once she was actually cleanish!) But was great to be a passenger – you’d think I’d never seen a sports car before, let alone own one *blush*.
We defeated the rain and got there in one piece, had a gorgeous day chatting and drooling over each others’ cars and going for drives – and then instead of taking me for a drive, lovely Phil let me drive his S2000 which ticked off one of the things on my List… it’s the one on the right for those of you less car-addicted than me :)
Then we got out some string, and spent lots of time shouting instructions at each other. The result?
(Stole these photos from Lynne, I’ll get mine up in next couple of days but am stranded minus camera or card reader at Mum & Dad’s this weekend!)
Yeah… I love my car and the people in my club :D We’re all ridiculous about our cars, but it’s a great atmosphere, everyone’s friendly regardless of whether you’re a new owner or a veteran, and I’m definitely in the inner circle now – I get insulted with a smile! :)
This weekend I’m on my way to the Pitt-Rivers museum in Oxford to see the Wilfred Thesiger Africa exhibition, long journey there and back but I think it’ll be really good.
So I should probably head for bed – sweet dreams all!
PS I’ve discovered and become addicted to Pinterest – more on that later!
Today in May I had the most hideous migraine… I am unimpressed! Had to take the day off work and lie sadly in a dark room for most of the day – couldn’t have TV on, couldn’t read, couldn’t look at my computer… the light made me flinch :( Only dragged myself outside to go to Asda when I realised I had no more painkillers! Feeling marginally better now but heading to bed very shortly, I’m still not 100% and I have to go in tomorrow, I have so much to do!
I had a glorious car-filled weekend and have come back much happier, calmer and ready to deal with whatever life and the job have to throw at me. Which is a feeling I haven’t had for a very long time – it’s amazing, I feel like I’m finally myself again! Have committed to doing the Rat Rally in September – more about this to follow but it’s going to be SO much fun… and I shall be blogging between now and then and all the way through the rally itself!
On the craft side of things I have finally finished the Checks and Roses website! www.checksandroses.co.uk is live and I hope we’ll have confirmation of our first stall soon – it’s very exciting!
Work is completely insane but when it’s calmed down a bit I’ll post some more :)
I’ve been drafting these posts for months now and never get round to posting them… I’ve noticed there are lots of things in my life that make me smile or make me happy. Some are big and some are really small, and I thought it would be lovely to record and share them each week. (Actually, at the rate I’m going, it might be the only post that gets written every week but hey, one step at a time!)
So, this week…
- Roof down, loud music, sunshiney driving – with someone else in the car! (I usually prefer to drive alone)
- The blackbirds I see most mornings on my walk to the station
- Teaching myself (with Naomi in my head) how to crochet flowers
- Getting up at daft o’clock on the bank holiday to watch and photograph the sunrise on the beach
- Relaxing, really relaxing, for the first time in months, away for the weekend with my girlies
- My spotty skirt
- Wearing bows, flowers and ribbons in my hair at work
- Half price Easter eggs everywhere
- Vintage treasures from a car boot
- My gorgeous necklace from Normal for Norfolk
- Sandcastles and beach silliness with some of my favourite girlies